The On-line Trading Voucher is a new incentive to support small Irish businesses to enhance their on-line trading presence, On-line Trading Vouchers to the value of €2,500 (up to a maximum of 50% of the total cost) are now available to Tipperary Businesses through a programme under the Government’s National Digital Strategy and delivered through the Local Enterprise Office.
With the trend ever increasing towards online spending it is estimated that only 23% of small Irish businesses are engaged in any meaningful way in eCommerce sales. For businesses employing less than ten people this percentage could be even lower. It is now believed that of online purchases made in Ireland that 70% of these are done in overseas markets.
There is now an urgency to ensure that businesses recognise that this is happening and that they are encouraged and supported to correctly respond to this digital reality. In order to support this goal, the National Digital Strategy aims to get a further 2,000 businesses trading online by the end of 2015.
Applications are now being accepted. Vouchers will be available to a maximum value of €2,500 or 50% of eligible expenditure, whichever is the lesser.
→ Online Trading Voucher Application
→ Contact Geraldine Manning, Business Advisor, Local Enterprise Office Tipperary by Phone 0761 06 5000 or by Email.
→ Online Trading Voucher Information PDF
Who is Eligible?
- Businesses that have a limited online trading presence
- Businesses with less than 10 employees
- Businesses with a turnover of less than €2 million
- Applicants must be registered and trading for minimum of 12 months
Vouchers Can Be Used For:
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Development or upgrade of an ecommerce website
- Implementing online payments or booking functions
- Customer fulfilment systems
- Internet related software
- Development of an app/mobile responsive websites
- Online Advertising (may be part of a Voucher implementation)
- Those with charitable status
- Commercial semi-state companies
- “Not for Profit” organisations
- Trade associations & company representation bodies, e.g. Chambers of Commerce
Vouchers Cannot Be Used For:
- Development of brochure websites
- Purchase of non-internet related software
- Anything other than online trading related activity